Thursday, September 21, 2006

Post 85: 210906 A New Beginning

Since coming to Korean some three and a half years ago I have been involved in several theatre productions a year. Mostly with The Seoul Players. I happen to consider it one of the best moves I’ve made in sending a blind email in the hope of being part of the show.

Earlier this year we staged two short plays, both of which were acted superbly by all. We had limited houses however, despite being in the centre of what is the Seoul theatre district. After what must have been somewhat disappointing result we were all feeling a bit gun shy when looking to the next production.

Krista and I were talking some weeks back and I proposed a play idea that was brought to me by our theatre companies previous producer. From this conversation came the enthusiasm we were both looking for and a meeting was called.

Last Sunday old and new faces gathered in a cafĂ© in Iteawon to discuss the possibilities of a new show. It’s amazing what happens when like minded individuals come together. As a result jobs were divided, dates were discussed, plans were made. Auditions begin this coming Saturday and end the following Sunday. We hope to begin our run on the 1st of February 2007. The play is called ‘Hitchcock Blonde’ by English write Terry Johnson and I will be the director.

3 comments:

* said...

Hey, that's great! Good on you guys for not giving up after previous disappointments.
Wow - three and a half years in Korea, eh?! I hadn't realised it had been so long. ;)

Anonymous said...

I like that positive comment at the end - "I will be the director.!" Absolutely and positively. Ronnie Howard eat ya heart out!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!